Saturday 12 September 2015

Task Brief

A promotion package for the release of an album to include a music promo video, together with two of the following:
A website homepage for the band
A cover for its release on DVD
A magazine advertisement for the DVD

OR

A short film in its entirety, lasting approximately five minutes, which may be live action or animated or a combination of both, together with two of the following three options:
A poster for the film
A radio trailer for the film
A film magazine review page featuring the film



I chose to do a music video with a magazine advertisement and a digipak because I already have a reasonable amount of skills needed to create these products. I understand conventions of different music genres because of my coursework last year having done a front cover, contents page and double page spread for a pop music magazine and this meant that I also had skills in Photoshop meaning that I could use these skill to create the poster and digipak. I decided not to do the short film because of my existing knowledge on music videos and I lacked knowledge in short films. Similarly, I do not currently have the skills to create a website homepage for the band.


No comments:

Post a Comment